- Full command of various CNC machining processes including milling, turning
- In depth knowledge of materials and tool selection for proper application
- Machining of large complex parts
- In depth knowledge of set-up techniques to ensure optimum quality and productivity through the manufacturing process
- Have a thorough understanding of “work fixture” offsets
- Proper use of Renishaw probe
- Ability to program “right angle” head on boring mills
- Ability to program “live” tooling on turning centers
- Performs advanced inspection of own work products as listed in the training checklist.
- Achieve established quality and productivity levels
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills – programming, tooling & fixtures and set-ups
- Continuous Improvement – Leads the improving of work processes and business processes
- Attends work cell and company meetings
- Correctly fills out Non-Conforming part reports (NCR’s)
- Creates process instructions that identify operations, tool sequences, fixtures, speeds and feeds for parts requiring any type of machining operation.
Required Skill and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- College or trade school certification in addition to the above.
- Proficient in Gibbs Cam software.
- Proficient in advanced CNC programming
- Proficient in Fanuc and Siemens controls
- Proficient in reading blueprints in both English and metric using geometric tolerancing symbology.
- Highly developed computer skills in Microsoft Windows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid foundation in Mathematics
- Proficient in all types of measuring tools and gages required in the Machinists trade – i.e., thread gages, bore gages, depth mic’s, calipers, tool pre-setters, etc.
- Successful working in a team environment