· Use blueprints, specifications, work orders, orthographic drawings and geometric dimensions and tolerances to plan daily machining.
· Manage stock inventory with regular checks and anticipate need with responsive ordering.
· Program these elements for mills and lathes: reference points, calibration, conditional switches, tool registers, compensation, offsets, calculation requirements and part programs.
· Install and adjust tools, collets, cams, stops, bushings, four-jaw chucks, three-jaw chucks, gears and stock pushers for mill and lathe set-up.
· Lift stock to load feeding mechanisms.
· Detect and troubleshoot system malfunctions through taking measurements, adjusting controls, reprogramming machines and closely monitoring grooving, drilling and cutting.
· Adhere to all company, local, state and federal protocol and safety regulations.
· Complete regular preventative maintenance and call for repairs as needed.
· Communicate with other shifts and accurately document daily production operations for maintain continuity.
· Accomplish company objectives via accepting responsibilities for completing innovative and new requests while also exploring value adding opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications
· 3+ years experience in the field
· Previous supply management experience
· Developed verbal communication skills
· Excellent judgment and attention to detail
· Good hand-eye coordination
· Familiarity with standard industry programming technology