Currently looking for a skilled Electronic Technician to fill an opening with a company located in Grand Rapids, MI. Interested candidates should have 1 – 3 years of electronics related experience and a high level of electrical and mechanical aptitude and analytical skills.
Responsibilities of the Electronic Technician
- Lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and production electronic components
- Assemble experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Set up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests
- Analyze and interpret test data.
- Adjust, calibrate, align, and modify circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
Requirements of the Electronic Technician
- Associate degree in Electronics (2 year) or certified program (18 mos.) plus 1 year of experience
- 1-3 years of electronics related experience
- Skills required in maintaining close specifications using tools & gages, schematics and a variety of electronic equipment
- Should have a high level of electrical and mechanical aptitude and analytical skills
- Ability to interpret drawing and specifications
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and how to effectively troubleshoot problems
- Willing and able to take and pass basic electronics test
- Past experience in a manufacturing environment
- Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Understanding of IPC-A-610 standards
Compensation for the Electronic Technician
The starting salary for this position ranges from $15.00 to $19.00 per hour.