Currently looking for a Machine Builder Apprentice to fill an opening with a company located in Grand Rapids, MI. Interested candidates should have at least 2 years of experience and basic computer knowledge.
Responsibilities of the Machine Builder Apprentice
- Perform all aspects of Machine Assembly
- Identify and solve problems in the three major areas of machine assembly.
- Transfer Engineering drawings and schematics into mechanical assemblies.
- Operate overhead cranes, drill press, pipe benders, saws, Hi/lo’s.
- Simple pipe bending and installation, hose fabrication and installation, small part fabrication, small power and hand tool operation.
- Machinery rigging and shipping
Requirements of the Machine Builder Apprentice
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with some post-secondary experience or related training.
- Technical classes in high school or postsecondary preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in profession.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Compensation for the Machine Builder Apprentice
The starting salary for this position ranges from $16.00 to $22.00 per hour.