Currently seeking qualified Michigan based, Industrial Maintenance Technicians and Electricians to fill full time positions on days and nights shifts. The ideal candidate will possess basic knowledge of Maintenance. We are a fast paced Manufacturer and offer competitive wages, health insurance, 401K, vacation, etc.
Responsibilities of the Machine Repair/Maintenance Tech
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.Inspecting, operating, or testing machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Inspect and replace drives, motors, shafts, bearings, belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
Requirements of the Machine Repair/Maintenance Tech
- Basic knowledge of Maintenance
- Capable of reading blueprints, use welders, tool room equipment, Hydraulics and pneumatics, PLC’s and other related equipment
- Must be self-motivated, willing to work scheduled hours, and work well with others
- PLC programming experience a plus but not required
- Must be able to pass a drug test and felony background check