General Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and assemble various segments of mechanical systems and top-level assemblies as well as lower-level components and sub-assemblies under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
- Interpret and use drawings, process procedures and other written documentation to complete preparation and assembly of components. Meet documented specification requirements and quality standards in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Fabricate simpler components using various items including hand tools, power tools, fixtures, jigs, drills, taps, saws and other tools and tooling. Use various types of material handling equipment including hand trucks, carts, forklifts, scissor lifts, cranes, etc. where required and available.
- Form, prepare and align copper, brass and plastic piping along with associated bracketing and hardware. Braze, solder and bond piping as may be required. Mount various assemblies and components.
- Perform required metal treatment processes per documented procedures and work instructions; processes include polishing, painting, and passivation.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized work area. Suggest changes for improved operations and cost savings.
- Complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner as required in the manufacturing process such as: Time Sheets, Assembly Routers, Non-conformance Records and Test Records. This also included clocking in daily.
- Follow all safety policies, precautions, recommendations and procedures as may be applicable.
- Assist other production departments or operations areas based on workloads and needs. Assist in other non-production areas as may be required by supervision and management.