Seeking a Quality Engineer with 3+ years of experience. Position will be responsible for:
- Establishing process metrics to evaluate process performance, define control points, and work with engineering, and manufacturing to drive continuous improvement and ensure that customer requirements are always met.
- Support process validation studies, process mapping, Poke Yoke and to drive a reduction in reliance on inspection as a quality assurance methodology.
Working knowledge of the ISO/TS 16949 quality management system.
- Resolve any special quality, test, and certification requirements in cooperation with engineering and assure overall agreement between product realization and customer drawings and specifications.
- Be a resource to lead and or support design of experiments (DOE), Advanced Problem Solving and Corrective Actions.
- Support Product Development and Manufacturing Engineering as required in new product introduction.
- Create Quality Inspection Plans, Test Methods and Procedures for components and assembly.
- Provide leadership to and be a capable resource for the development of and execution of statistical process control (and appropriate related methods).
- Support and manage the verification system for new and existing products. This will involve the support of a 1st Article inspection program, APQP, PPAP and/or process capability studies.
- Lead and support internal product and process audits. Lead and support external audits of the QMS. Proficient in ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards.
- Lead/Support lean and Lean initiatives.
- Support supplier conformance and Supplier development.
- Work to affect Cost of Quality improvement projects
- Promote compliance to company procedures.
This individual will need to be hands-on working on the floor, developing control plans, handling quality issues on the floor, dealing with customers, have a good understanding of gd&t and have a background working in a QS-9000 or TS 16949 environment. A 4 year degree is preferred and a degree in engineering is a definite plus. This is a long term position that offers excellent benefits. Qualified candidates please respond with an updated resume.